More coronavirus testing sites opened Wednesday, April 15 in the Southern California as efforts continued to increase availability of tests across the region.
The county began operating sites Wednesday at the Bellflower Civic Center parking structure at 16600 Civic Center Drive and at the San Gabriel Valley Airport at 4233 Santa Anita Ave. in El Monte.
Another drive-up testing site opened at 9am at the Forum, 3900 W. Manchester Blvd., in Inglewood.
The county opened a testing site Tuesday in Boyle Heights.
County health director Barbara Ferrer has noted in recent weeks that while testing has been expanding, it was still more readily available in more affluent communities. Efforts have been continuing to ensure residents of lower-income areas have access to the tests.
“Many of our hardest working families are either uninsured or underinsured and don’t normally seek access to health care, which is why increasing access to COVID-19 mobile testing sites remains one of my top
priorities,” County Supervisor Hilda Solis said in a statement announcing the opening of the El Monte site. “We are in this public health crisis together. This virus does not discriminate; it has the potential to impact all communities.”
Supervisor Janice Hahn said the new facility in Bellflower “will improve access to testing for residents in southeast L.A. County and give us a better understanding of the spread of this virus in these communities. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you can make an appointment online for this new site in Bellflower or at any of the 27 testing sites established across L.A. County.”
The testing process should take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete. However, waiting times may vary depending on the time.
Tests are by appointment only. Each testing client must give their registration number, which is generated by the screening website http://coronavirus.lacity.org/testing.
Testing is available at the following sites:
• Antelope Valley Mall, 1233 Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale
• Pomona Fairplex, Gate 17, W. McKinley/Fairplex Drive
• South Bay Galleria, 1815 Hawthorne Blvd., Redondo Beach
• Carbon Health (Walk-Up Only), Echo Park, 2110 Sunset Blvd., Suite M, Los Angeles
• Crenshaw Christian Center, 7901 S. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles
• Glendale Memorial Hospital, 222 W. Eulalia St.
• Hansen Dam Recreational Center (entrance on Osborne St., 11798 Foothill Blvd.), Lake View Terrace
• High Desert Medical Group, 43839 15th St. W., Lancaster
• Hotchkin Memorial Training Center, 1700 Stadium Way, Los Angeles
• VA Parking Lot 15 at corner of Constitution and Davis, 100 Constitution Ave., Los Angeles
• Northridge Hospital Medical Center, 18460 Roscoe Blvd. (enter on Reseda Blvd.)
• Lincoln Park (3501 Valley Blvd., Los Angeles
• AltaMed Medical and Dental Group, 972 Goodrich Blvd., Commerce
• AltaMed Medical Group, 6336 Passons Blvd., Pico Rivera
• AltaMed Medical and Dental Group, 8627 Atlantic Ave., South Gate
• Long Beach City College, 1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway
• AltaMed Medical and Dental Group, 1300 S. Sunset Ave., West Covina
• Charles R. Drew Campus, 1731 E 120th St., Los Angeles
• Santa Clarita Testing Site, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
• Pasadena Testing Site, 1001 Rose Bowl Drive
• East LA College, 1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez, Monterey Park
• Warner Center, 6097 Canoga Ave., Woodland Hills
• Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, 8730 Alden Drive, Los Angeles
• Kedren Community Health Center – Walk Up Only, 4211 Avalon, Los Angeles
• Altamed Medical Group, 2040 Camfield Ave., Los Angeles
• Bellflower Civic Center, 16600 Civic Center Drive
• The Forum, 3900 W Manchester Blvd., Inglewood
• San Gabriel Valley Airport, 4233 Santa Anita Ave., El Monte
• Boyle Heights, 1724 Pennsylvania Ave.